In this episode, Mike Brewer chats with Jude Chiy, Founder of Flamingo, an app created to enhance and optimize resident engagement and build community. Jude shares his journey from med school student to the Founder of Flamingo. Mike and Jude explore the benefits of executing simple and frequent resident touch points and the connection to higher resident satisfaction scores.
Key Discussion Points:
- The meaning of Flamingo: In a world where competitors all look very similar, Jude believes that building a sense of community between management and residents, and resident to resident, helps a property stand out “like a flamingo in a flock of pigeons.” The Flamingo app helps residents navigate the many questions related to life in the community, discover new events and people, and build a true sense of neighborhood.
- The Value of Resident Input: Instead of solving problems at the senior level of the management team, inviting residents into the issue by sharing it and inviting their comments on solutions further enhances the feeling that resident input matters.
- The Superpower of AI: There are scores of data points, and it is impossible to read through it all and make sense of it. Flamingo uses AI to read all the data and quantify it, making it easy to understand. The system sends surveys when a resident interacts with a team member, uses an amenity, submits a service request, etc. It tracks the time to resolve, the frequency of resident communication, etc., and provides recommendations to correct the areas of concern.
Throughout the conversation, Mike and Jude share practical tips and advice based on the topics covered in the episode.
Whether you’re a seasoned investor, property manager, vendor/supplier, or someone interested in learning more about the multifamily market, this series offers valuable insights that can help you navigate the challenges and seize the opportunities in this dynamic industry.
About Jude Chiy
Jude Chiy is a highly regarded expert in the multifamily industry, known for his expertise in resident engagement and building a sense of neighborhood within each community. Jude wanted to be a superhero when he was young, but sadly never developed the superpowers to fight crime and help people. He founded Flamingo to make the world a better place by simplifying life for residents and property managers.
Ultimately, Jude’s vision is a world where everyone knows their neighbors and willing to help them out. With a wealth of unique experience and a track record of critical thinking, Jude brings a unique perspective to the discussion, shedding light on key industry trends and sharing valuable advice for professionals in the multifamily space.
About Mike Brewer
Mike Brewer is enthusiastic about people, technology, and the multifamily world. He serves as President of RADCO Residential and COO of The RADCO Companies. As the Founder of Multifamily Collective, Mike draws on his deep understanding of the multifamily space and is passionate about sharing insights and wisdom through Collective Conversations with others in this industry. This podcast creates a platform for industry professionals to connect, learn, and grow together.
- The Purple Cow by Seth Godin
- If Chick-fil-A Ran Your Apartment – Six Things They’d Do Differently
- If Apple Ran Your Apartment – Six Things They’d Do Differently
- If Ex-WeWork CEO Adam Neumann’s Flow Ran Your Apartment – Six Things They’d Do Differently
- How McDonald’s Would Run Your Apartment – Seven Things They’d Do Differently
- Need Ideas? The Flamingo Blog is like finding a hidden treasure box full of novel ideas for resident engagement
Episode sponsored by: Updater
Updater is the app that gets residents move-in ready faster. Did you know that residents who are happy with their move-in experience are 59% more likely to renew their lease? Move-ins matter. Get them right with Updater. Visit go.updater.com/mike and as a special gift to our listeners, Updater is offering a special gift when you book a demo.
Connect with Us:
We would love your feedback, questions, and topic suggestions for future episodes. Feel free to reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with us on LinkedIn, YouTube, and Facebook. Our podcasts and interviews are also available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or anywhere you stream your podcasts.
Subscribe and Share:
If you enjoyed this episode, rate, review, and subscribe to our podcast on [Podcast Platform(s)] and share it with your friends, colleagues, and anyone who might find it valuable. Please help us spread the word about Multifamily Collective and empower others to thrive in the multifamily real estate industry.
If you or someone you recommend is interested in learning more about sponsorship opportunities, please contact us.
Please subscribe to our newsletter – The Collective Rundown
Thank you for tuning in to Multifamily Collective. Stay tuned for more exciting episodes coming soon!
The views and opinions expressed in this podcast are solely those of the individuals involved and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Multifamily Collective or any other organization mentioned during the episode. The podcast is for informational purposes only and should not be considered professional or legal advice. Always consult a qualified professional or your organizational leadership before making strategic, professional, financial, or investment decisions.
About Mike Brewer
My mission is to tease out the human potential in the multifamily space.