How to set and achieve big, long-term goals
Photo by Ronnie Overgoor on Unsplash
Nothing I say in this post is new information, but I think it is good to revisit occasionally. Setting and achieving big, long-term goals can be challenging but rewarding. Whether you’re looking to start a business, run a marathon, or improve your financial situation, the key to success is to have a clear plan and take consistent, focused action.
Here are some of my tips to help you set and achieve your big, long-term goals:
- Start with a clear vision. The first step in setting and achieving big, long-term goals is clearly defining what you want. This means thinking about what you truly want in life and what you’re willing to do to make it happen.
- Break your goal down into smaller, manageable steps. Once you have a clear vision, breaking your goal into smaller, manageable steps is important. This will help you stay focused and motivated, making tracking your progress easier.
- Create a plan of action. Once you have a clear vision and have broken your goal into smaller steps, creating a plan of action is time. This means outlining the specific actions you will take to achieve your goal and setting a deadline for when you want to achieve it.
- Stay focused and motivated. Achieving big, long-term goals requires discipline and focus. Discipline equals freedom and it’s the hardest part of achieving your goals. It’s important to stay motivated and to remind yourself why you’re working towards your goal. Surround yourself with people who support and encourage you, and use positive affirmations to keep yourself motivated.
- Take consistent, focused action. The key to achieving big, long-term goals is consistent, focused action. This means taking small, consistent steps toward your goal and staying focused on your action plan.
- Celebrate your success. Remember to celebrate your success along the way. Achieving big, long-term goals is not an easy task, so it’s important to take the time to celebrate your progress and accomplishments.
About Mike Brewer
My mission is to tease out the human potential in the multifamily space.